We’ve got a long list of Asian actresses that we look up to, and Chinese actress Zhao Lusi is one of them.
You might recognise her from her roles in Oh! My Emperor, Love Better than Immortality, The Romance of Tiger and Rose, and Dating in the Kitchen.
The actress has shared her beauty tips, including a very fascinating “lose weight while on your period” method that is currently trending online.
Zhao Lusi’s beauty tips
She loves her wet wipes
Zhao Lusi believes that as long as the face has been well cleaned, there should be no trouble with maintaining good skin.
After washing her face, she goes the extra mile to wipe her entire face with skin-friendly wet wipes. She makes sure to go over the oily T-zone to gently take away any residual makeup and grime.
She layers her creamy and watery products
One thing that this actress is very particular about is the sequence of product application.
She always gently applies moisturising lotion onto her face first before applying a layer of cream.
After the products are absorbed, she adds more lotion. According to her, the alternating layers of creamy and watery products can reduce stickiness and improve hydration.
She regularly uses mud masks
This Chinese actress shared on her personal social media that she applies a cleansing mud mask at least once a week.
She leaves the mud mask on for about 10 to 15 minutes before carefully rinsing everything off with warm water.
She swears by this method to clean out her pores.
She applies sunscreen everyday
It is no surprise to us that Zhao Lusi is diligent with sunscreen application regardless of weather or season.
Even with sunscreen on, she still wears a hat and a pair of sunglasses sometimes to further protect her skin from UV exposure – no wonder her skin looks so youthful and bouncy!
Zhao Lusi’s “lose weight while on your period” exercise
While most people feel miserable during that time of the month, Zhao Lusi believes that the hormonal cycle is the best time for weight loss.
Zhao Lusi shares her “menstrual weight loss method”, which combines exercise and dieting right before and when you’re on your period, and she says it can let you easily lose three kilogrammes within a week.
Exercise 1: Sit cross-legged (1-2 days before menstruation)
Before your menstruation begins, do some light exercise by sitting cross-legged on the ground and then pressing your weight down your whole body.
Extend your hands to the front and continue holding this action for at least 30 seconds. You should feel a little pressure on your inner thighs.
Exercise 2: Kneeling baby pose (1-3 days during menstruation)
As the first few days of menstruation are the most uncomfortable, you can try this light exercise.
Simply put your legs together, sit down, and curl your body together like a fetus. Hold this position for 30 seconds to a minute.
What’s great is that this stretch can relieve abdominal discomfort too.
Exercise 3: Cross-leg stretching (4-5 days during menstruation)
Near the end of the menstruation process, during the 4th or 5th day, you can do this stretching exercise.
Open one leg straight to the side, lean forward, and slowly press down toward the ground. After one minute, switch to the other leg.
Zhao Lusi’s “Lose weight while on your period” diet
Zhao Lusi also recommends a weight-loss diet plan that you can try when you’re on your period.
- Breakfast: One boiled egg, oatmeal (Snack: Five strawberries)
- Lunch: Vegetable salad (Snack: Low-calorie fruit)
- Breakfast: A glass of low-fat milk, sandwich (Snack: Apple)
- Lunch: Boiled vegetables, cauliflower shrimp salad (Snack: Half a sweet potato)
- Breakfast: One boiled egg, a cup of soy milk (Snack: A tomato)
- Lunch: Kelp soup, stir-fried vegetables (Snack: A glass of low-fat milk)
- Breakfast: A cup of soy milk, whole wheat bread (Snack: Two bananas)
- Lunch: Half a corn, half a sweet potato (Snack: Low-sugar fruit)
- Breakfast: One boiled egg, yogurt (Snack: 15 cherry tomatoes)
- Lunch: Mushroom soup, vegetable salad (Snack: One diced orange)
- Breakfast: A glass of low-fat milk, a sweet potato (Snack: Dragon fruit)
- Lunch: Beef 200g, a tomato (Snack: A cucumber)
- Breakfast: A cup of black coffee, whole wheat bread (Snack: A kiwi fruit)
- Lunch: Chicken breast 300g, milk (Snack: Low-sugar fruit)