Spanish fashion retailer Zara has officially announced it is entering the beauty space and will be releasing a new line of makeup products that will include lipsticks, eyeshadows, blushes, and nail polishes.
The new product category – Zara Beauty – is headed by makeup artist Diane Kendal, who is also a product consultant and developer beauty brands such as Marc Jacobs Beauty and Calvin Klein Cosmetics.
From the preview images, Zara Beauty products have sleek, minimalist packages. They may feel high-end but prices are said to range between US$8 and US$26, and refills starting at US$5. Zara Beauty also said that they are shade- and gender-inclusive.
What products can you find in Zara Beauty?
Its debut collection is surprisingly huge.
At launch, you can look forward to:
- Six lip products: Ultimatte Matte Lipstick, Cult Satin Lipstick, Tinted Balm Lipstick, Stiletto Demi-Matte Lipstick, Nourishing Jelly Oil, and the Velvet Pigment Lip Gloss
- Four eye products: Eye Colour in 6 Eyeshadow Palette (in five shades), Eye Colour in 2 Eyeshadow Duo (in nine duos), Metal Foil Loose Pigment (in four shades), and one eyeliner
- 23 face products: These include nine bronzers, nine blushes, two highlighters, and three face palettes
- Six brushes: These are designed to help you apply the products they’ve launched
- 39 nail polishes: These are said to be made with natural ingredients
Zara Beauty launches on 12 May at Zara.com. There isn’t news on whether it’ll be available at retail locations in Malaysia.