About the CNY Makeup Challenge
With Chinese New Year coming up, here’s your chance to get dolled up and win amazing prizes.
Join our CNY Makeup Challenge and show off your skills and creativity by submitting your most creative makeup look!
The best submission will bring home RM888 worth of beauty products from famous brands such as Burberry, Chanel, Dior, Estée Lauder, and many more! Huat are you waiting for?
How to win:
- Send us a before-and-after photo of your Chinese New Year makeup look to [email protected] by 15 Feb 2022, 11:59pm.
- Include your full name and contact number in the e-mail for us to identify you
- State which category you’re submitting for (feel free to submit entries for both categories!)
- Image sent has to be in portrait mode (without any filters)
- You’ll be judged based on your creativity and skills, so go all out!
- Shortlisted entries will be uploaded onto Daily Vanity Malaysia’s Facebook page and Daily Vanity Malaysia’s Instagram page on 18 Feb 2022
- Get your friends and families to show their support — one lucky voter will be selected to win RM388 worth of beauty products!
- The winning entry will be judged based on popularity and our expert panelist
- Voting ends on 24 Feb 2022 and winners will be announced on 28 Feb 2022
Public Votes: 60%
Scoring is based on the image with the most comments (unique number of submissions) on why they love your look! Don’t forget to gather your friends and families for this challenge, we’ll also be selecting one lucky voter to take home a beauty set worth RM388!
Daily Vanity’s Co-founder and Editorial Director, Kristen Juliet Soh: 40%
After spending more than a decade in beauty journalism, Kristen Juliet is one of the most recognised beauty media experts in Singapore and has sat on judging panels for beauty awards, written commentaries about the beauty industry for publications like Channel NewsAsia, and given interviews on beauty trends.
Public Voting (based on the shortlisted image posted on Daily Vanity’s Facebook & Instagram pages)
- No. of Facebook unique comments
- No. of Instagram unique comments
Judging Criteria (based on the shortlisted image posted on Daily Vanity’s Facebook & Instagram pages)
- Quality of image – is the image clear and well-taken with good lighting and backdrop?
- Skills – is your overall look on fleek?
- Use of colours and techniques – did you demonstrate the ability to use interesting colour choices and good makeup techniques?
- Overall presentation – does the entire style look good? (extra points for good hair, outfit, and props!)